Sunday, February 8, 2009

Today is a good day so far

I was on call for work today and so far I haven't been called in!! YEAH!! I think that means I need to spend a few hours scrapping to celebrate. I also need to finish my husband and grandson's Valentine's Day cards AND pack Dustin and Thomas's Valentine's Day boxes. I'm sending them all kinds of heart shaped candies and I'm going to run to Target to see if I can find a couple of cute red bears. :) The guys will love it, I'm sure! lol

Okay followers: What do you think about me including a recipe in my daily blogs? Right now I'm off to start dinner in the crockpot so that I won't have to worry about stopping scrapping to make dinner. I'm making Beef Tips - it's a recipe I haven't tried before and it is super-simple. Here is the recipe:
Stew Meat (any amount)
1 envelope onion soup mix (I'm using Mrs. Grass's)
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup red wine (always use a good wine you would drink!!)
1 can mushrooms, drained (I'm omitting the mushrooms but would use fresh not canned)

Mix all together in crock pot and cook all dow on low. Serve over rice or noodles.

I am going to season the meat and brown it first - that always brings out the best flavor of the meat. I will use the red wine to deglaze the pan before adding it to the crock pot. I will also serve this over noodles. AND since I'm not starting it until about 1:00 pm, I will cook it on high. :).

Update: It is now 3:15 and it sure is smelling good!!! :) I will do another update after dinner!

Last Update: It was very tasty!!! Everyone agreed that this recipe was a keeper. Next time, I will season the meat just a bit less and I will use 3 cans Golden Mushroom soup and 2 cups wine, and stick with one package of the onion soup mix (I think more than 1 pkg would be overpowering). I used 2 cans and 1 1/2 cups of red wine, but there was hardly any leftover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/07/2009